The Spacecraft Systems Engineer formulates strong relationships with his/her space segment’s program and product managers as well as the engineering R&D team. The SSE is responsible for performing spacecraft systems engineering requirements analysis & management, so as to design, integrate and deliver a spacecraft solution that meets the specified user needs of the product manager and/or client directly. The SSE, together with the project manager, is responsible for working with the engineering development team on creating the spacecraft solution. The SSE creates and manages the engineering management plan of the development team, ensuring to apply applicable product lifecycle management practises, from concept through to technology acquisition, production, commissioning (LEOP) and till end of life, as required. The SSE works closely together with the R&D and project teams, its product owners and lead engineers, for maintaining the continuity in the development and delivery of products applied within the spacecraft’s product breakdown structure, while aligning to required system engineering practices and standards. The SSE is responsible to work with the engineering team, their product owners, lead engineers and furthermore the associated project team, for the required realization of a product that meets its intended customer-agreed user requirements.
Honors/Bachelors Degree in Electronic Engineering
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Requirements Management & Design for Requirements
- Mission concept of operations design
- System Architecting
- System Budgets Management
- Systems Integration (Design & Implement)
- Interface management
- Verification management
- Validation Management
- Transition to Operating Environments
- Product Lifecycle Planning/Management
- Specification & System Technical Writing
- Engineering Change Management
- Product Lifecycle implementation, tailoring & managing compliance to it
- Technical Reviewer & End Item Datapack & Requirements Compliance Management
- AIT/V Framework Planning
- Model philosophy Management
- Self-starter that applies diligence
- Drives responsibilities to completion
- Problem solver with attention to detail
- Team player
- Solution focused – “can do attitude”
- Identify Mission Statement, Mission Description & Definitions
- Solicit customer user needs and compile the user need statement(s) with the customer, translating needs into User Requirements that are validated with the customer throughout the lifecycle of pre-sales to delivery & handover.
- Formulate first order (ESA Phase 0) concept solution and feasibility studies that include but are not limited to product architecture, system budgets, technology assessments (TRLs) and selections, defining the product breakdown structure (PBS) and the system engineering management plan (SEMP)
- Develop a complete space system (including satellite, working with launch vehicle ICD, satellite, ground support and data management operations)
- Lead and support creation of respective statements of work, defining related work breakdown structure from PBS and compiling related bid cost model and contractual proposal
- Practise building outward looking product and client facing networks while building knowledge and experience based on markets, clients and meeting DFA’s business development and chief technical officer’s needs
- Perform as part of the project engineering team at a stakeholder level, taking responsibility for related product technical reviews and user requirement validation and verification for specified user requirements (User Requirement management)
- Perform as internal client of the product together with the Engineering Office’s R&D team
- Define and innovate clear competitive product advantages
- Defines and innovate uniquely competitive product architectures
- Work in tandem with Account Managers, Business Development and the Chief Technical Office as the primary technical interface for customer accounts.
- Interpret customer’s technical needs and communicate DFA’s added value in its solutions.
- Provide clear technical solutions directly to the customer in meetings and in response to information requests.
- Make technical presentations, lead discussions and workshops both internally and with customers
- Provide technical leadership for services offered and delivered to the customer.
- Lead the analysis and design of service offerings and align them with internal stakeholders and defined standard solutions.
- Lead the technical teams in creating offers and customer interaction.
- Keep up to date with competitor’s technical solutions and roadmaps and address them through DFA’s product portfolio.
- Support and work within DFA’s Systems and Spacecraft Engineering standards, principles and processes
- Soliciting and interpretation of User Needs and Requirements, translating these into Technical Requirements that define function and performance
- Design and development from concept through to technology acquisition, and/or delivery and commissioning (LEOP) of a given spacecraft system solution
- Creation of clear product functional, physical and interface block diagrams
- Define and support R&D system engineers in the selection of COTS and/or internal development of products
- Support R&D system engineers on defining the system component configurations and in incorporating required architectures
- Perform test and verification of the system solution
- Perform validation of technical requirements with the stakeholders/client/product manager(s)
- Adhere to company internal and external standards while stimulating and supporting the development of product standards
- Establish, track and maintain system engineering management plans
- Support implementation and compliance of company product lifecycle management (PLM) standards and process, tailored where applicable and as approved per project
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines, lead engineers, product owners, product managers and project managers within a cross-functional team environment
- Perform review and compile review item discrepancies (RIDs) within the project technical acquisition phases of a product
- Interaction and cooperation with clients on all levels through all phases of project execution
Send your CV directly to our HR department: [email protected]