Dragonfly Aerospace (DF) is a space technology solutions provider based in Stellenbosch, South Africa. DF offers commercial satellite solutions as well as a range of advanced engineering services, imaging payloads and operational solutions using space and related technologies. The highly experienced and motivated satellite engineering team develop and manufacture high-performance imagers and satellites, targeted at earth observation constellations.
Configuration management (CM) is a process for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product’s performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life. This also applies to the company QMS information.
CM is required to maintain quality, integrity, and security of information in DFA through baselining techniques, CM methods, and controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a Configuration role
- Computer proficiency and use of software tools essential
- Software coding for automated scripts preferred (Python, Ansible, etc.)
- Knowledge of Project Management beneficial
- Technical knowledge essential
- Experience in high reliability engineering environments, highly beneficial
- Analytical thinking & structured work
- Assertive and effective in dealing with end users
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience working with CM tools
- Able to organise their own and delegate out work
- Experience in working with an ISO 9001:2015 system preferred
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle and its management
- Ability to mentor and guide people in executing CM activities
- Experience of implementing ISO 9001 highly advantageous
- 2+ years of QA management preferred
- English essential
- Afrikaans highly advantageous
- Other languages advantageous
- Develop/enhance the CM system/structure and define the CM process with input from QA.
- Responsible for maintaining the CM process, its documents, and related processes, procedures, & records in accordance with the DFA QMS and ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- Perform continuous improvement in terms of standardisation, technologies, architecture, best practices etc
- Accountable for configuration control of all relevant documentation, hardware, software, & firmware
- Maintain data quality, integrity, and security
- Baseline controls of review outputs & supporting project teams in base lining of products
- Participate in process audits, review applicable documents, and improve where necessary
- Participate in project reviews and support activities requiring configuration participation
- Perform regular audits on the chosen CM system and define KPIs to measure process effectiveness and efficiency
- Reporting to management on the status of CM at defined intervals
- Ensure adherence to the Change Control process and mentor other personnel in its use
- Work with custom applications and software to ensure builds and deployments are completed smoothly. This involves working with multiple departments and often requires testing with both legacy and modern systems simultaneously.
- Training of relevant personnel in using and understanding the CM system, and actively mentoring personnel in adhering to approved process and procedure